by Chef Kayla Morgan
Makes approx. 4-6 large tenders
- 1 package of crEATe Chicken (prepared with water/oil)
- 1 bottle of JUST Egg
- 1/2 cup Franks Hot Sauce
- 1/4 cup Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1 stick of vegan butter
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- frying oil
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cups of panko breadcrumbs
- vegan ranch (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Form the prepared crEATe Chicken into tender sized pieces on a baking sheet. Place in the freezer until firm enough to withstand batter and oil.
- Prepare the hot sauce by adding a stick of vegan butter, both hot sauces, garlic sauce, pepper and maple syrup in a pan on the stove top – melt and combine on a low-medium heat.
- Heat up the frying oil in a pan of 350 degrees F.
- Prepare your wet and dry batter for frying. In one container add flour, cornstarch, panko, salt and pepper.
- Once ready to fry, coat chicken in the wet batter first followed by the dry batter. Fry for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once you remove the tenders from the oil, drizzle, coat or toss them in the hot sauce.
- Serve with ranch and cut up celery / carrots. (optional)